Last Updated on April 13, 2023
Effective: April 13, 2023
We may collect and receive information about consumers of our Services (“users,” “you,” or “your”) fromvarioussources,including (i) information you provide through your information provided to us; (ii) your use of the Services; and(iii) fromthird-party services and partners.
1. New pre-employment background check order. When you fill out our online disclosure release form, wemayaskfor your contact information, including items such as name, company name, address, email address, andtelephone number. We may also ask you to provide additional information to complete your pre-employmentbackground check.
2. Personal Data. This means information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of beingassociated with, or could well be linked, directly or indirectly, with a user in particular by referencetoanidentifier such as a name, an identification number, one or more factors specific to the education, social securitynumber, employment, certification, address history, date of birth, and full legal name. “Personal Data” includesequivalent terms in other Data Protection Laws, such as the CCPA-defined term “Personal Information,” asthecontext requires.
3. Communications. If you contact us directly, we may receive additional information about you, suchasyourname,email address, phone number, the contents of the message and/or attachments you may send us, andanyotherinformation you may choose to provide.
The personal information you are asked to provide and why you are asked to provide it will be madeclearwhenwe ask you to provide your personal information.
1. Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies. As is true of most websites, we gather certain informationautomatically and store it in log files. In addition, when you use our Services, we may collect certaininformationautomatically from your device. This information may include internet protocol (“IP”) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (“ISP”), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, clickstreamdata,landing page, and referring URL. To collect this information, a cookie may be set on your computer or devicewhen you visit our Services. Cookies contain a small amount of data that allows our web servers torecognizeyou. We store information collected through cookies, log files, and/or clear gifs to record your preferences. Wemay also automatically collect information about your use of our Services’ features, functionality, frequencyofvisits, and other information related to your interactions with the Services. The information referencedabovemay be considered personal data under applicable data protection laws in some countries, includingcountriesinthe European Economic Area (“EEA”).
2. Usage of our Services. When you use our Services, we may collect information about your engagement withandutilization of our Services, such as processor and memory usage, storage capacity, navigation of our Services, and system-level metrics. We use this data to operate the Services, maintain and improve the performanceandutilization of the Services, develop new features, protect the security and safety of our Services andour
customers, and provide customer support. We also use this data to develop aggregate analysis andbusinessintelligence that enable us to operate, protect, make informed decisions, and report on the performanceof ourbusiness.
Information We Receive from Third Parties.
1. Third-Party Accounts. We will receive information required to verify employment, education, andlicensesfromthird-party vendors. We only collect information related to performing and completing your pre-employmentbackground check.
2. How We Use Information
We use the information we collect in various ways, including to
a. Provide, operate, and maintain our ability to complete your background check;
b. Communicate with you, either directly or through your employer, including for customer service, toprovide you with updates and other information relating to your pre-employment backgroundcheck;
c. Process your transactions for your pre-employment background check;
d. Send you text messages and push notifications for your pre-employment background check;
e. Find and prevent fraud and
f. For compliance purposes, including enforcing our Terms of Service or other legal rights, as mayberequired by applicable laws and regulations or requested by any judicial process or governmental
3. How We Share Information
We may share the information we collect in various ways, including the following:
a. Vendors and Service Providers. We may share information with third-party vendors and serviceproviders that provide services on our behalf, such as helping to provide education, employment, andother data required to complete your pre-employment background check.
b. Third-Party Partners. We also share information about you with third-party partners to receiveadditional publicly available information about you to assist in completing your pre-employment
d. With Your Consent. We may share information with your consent to complete your pre-employmentbackground check.
4. Legal Basis for Processing Personal Information
Our legal basis for collecting and using the personal data described above will depend on the personal dataandthe specific context in which we collect it. You must fill out a disclosure release formfor us to performanypre-employment background check. However, we will generally collect personal data fromyou only (i) whereweneed the personal data to perform a pre-employment background check with your employer, (ii) wheretheprocessing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your rights, or (iii) where we have your consenttodo so. We have a legitimate interest in operating our Services and communicating with you as necessarytocomplete your pre-employment background check.
In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect personal data from you or may otherwiseneedthepersonal data to complete your pre-employment background check.
Suppose we ask you to provide personal data to comply with a legal requirement or to performa contract withyou. In that case, we will make this clear at the relevant time and advise you whether providing your dataismandatory (as well as the possible consequences if you do not).
EvanceBackcheck is committed to protecting your information. We employ various security technologiesandmeasures to protect information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. Our measures are designedtoprovide security appropriate to the risk of processing your data. Please note that no service is completelysecure.While we strive to protect your data, we cannot guarantee that unauthorized access, hacking, dataloss, oradata breach will never occur.
We retain personal data we collect from you where we have an ongoing legitimate business needtodoso(forexample, to provide you with a requested service or to comply with applicable legal, tax, or accountingrequirements).
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your data, we will either delete or anonymizeitor, if this is not possible (for example, because your data has been stored in backup archives), thenwewill
securely store your data and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
If you are a consumer and we have provided you with a background check report, you may access certaininformation associated with your report by emailing email@example.com.
To protect your privacy and security, we also take reasonable steps to verify your identity before updatingorremoving your information. The information you provide us may be archived or stored periodically byusaccording to backup processes conducted in the ordinary course of business for disaster recovery purposes. Yourability to access and correct your information may be temporarily limited where access and correctioncouldinhibit EvanceBackcheck’s ability to comply with a legal obligation, inhibit EvanceBackcheck’s abilityto investigate, make, or defend legal claims, result in disclosure of personal data about a third party; or resultinabreach of a contract or disclosure of trade secrets or other proprietary business information belongingtoEvanceBackcheck or a third party.
8. Your Data Protection Rights Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If you are a resident of the EEA, you have the following data protection rights:
a. If you wish to access, correct, update, or request deletion of your personal information, youcandosoatany time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
b. To exercise your rights to delete your data under the GDPR, you can deactivate and purge your
information by emailing email@example.com. All account data will be deleted within 90 daysof
c. In addition, you can object to the processing of your data, ask us to restrict the processingof your data, or request portability of your data. Again, you can exercise these rights by emailing
d. You can opt out of marketing communications we send you at any time. You can exercise thisrightbyclicking on the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in our marketing emails. To opt out of other formsof
marketing, please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
e. Similarly, if we have collected and processed your data with your consent, you can withdrawyourconsent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processingweconducted before your withdrawal, nor will it affect the processing of your data conductedinrelianceonlawful processing grounds other than consent.
f. You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
g. We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protectionrightsin accordance with applicable
a. You can use some of the features of the Services without registering, thereby limiting the typeof
information we collect.
b. You may unsubscribe from receiving certain request emails from us. If you wish to do so, simplyreplytothe email with “unsubscribe” in the body of the email. Even if you unsubscribe, we may contact youforinformational, transactional, account-related, or similar purposes related to your pre-employment
12. International Data Transfers
Concerning Personal Data of Data Subjects located in the EEA, Switzerland, or the United Kingdomthat
Customer transfers to EvanceBackcheck or permits EvanceBackcheck to access, the parties agree that byexecuting the DPA, they also execute the Standard Contractual Clauses, which will be incorporatedbyreferenceand form an integral part of the DPA. The parties agree that concerning the elements of the StandardContractual Clauses that require the parties’ input, Schedules 1-3 contain all the relevant information.
EU-U.S. and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield. For personal data we receive from the EEA and Switzerland, EvanceBackcheck has certified its compliance with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework and the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, andretention of personal data from such countries. To access the Privacy Shield List and to find details of our
certification, please visit https://www.privacyshield.gov/.EU-U.S. and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield. For personal data we receive from the EEA and Switzerland, EvanceBackcheck has certified its compliance with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework and the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, andretention of personal data from such countries. To access the Privacy Shield List and to find details of our
certification, please visit https://www.privacyshield.gov/.
EvanceBackcheck PO BOX 5181
Naperville IL 60567
The data controller of your personal information is EvanceBackcheck Inc.